I finally made the decision to get serious about changing the things in my life that I'm not satisfied with. What better way to pressure yourself than to blog about it?

Thursday, September 23, 2010

An awful week...but an awesome weigh in!

So this week was supposed to be my "get ready for the 5K". Get all my training in, get lots of rest, etc. Sick children sure can derail that process. Came home from work Monday night to find a shivering, feverish, RJ curled up in a blanket with Angela (better known as "Ah"), our amazing nanny, on the couch. Within 30 minutes projectile vomit all over my bed, in my living room, and suffice to say an awesome lead in to 3 sleepless nights. A trip to the Ped yesterday morning confirmed double ear infections, which explains the 3 am screaming requests to go downstairs, watch TV and "snuggle me mama". Camp Rock is not as cool at 3 am, I promise you. So after 2 very tiring days/nights, grumpy exchanges with a very tired Rich, and lots of "snuggling me mama", I was able to get to work yesterday and go to my weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers.

AHA! I expected 2 pounds, I was crossing my fingers for 3, but got 5.6! Could not believe it, considering I had one night last week with too many white wines, and a few cheats that didn't make it into the book on Sunday. But overall I worked the plan and continued to learn about making the right choices and shocked by the nutritional value of previous foods I was eating. Am I hungry? Yes, at certain times of day I am. Did I eat RJ's dinner on Monday night because he was too sick to eat and I was STARVING? Yes I did. But I sucked it up and added up those 9 points for a ridiculously small amount of food and wrote it down. (But hey, I got a few tater tots out of the deal). Overall I feel great about the loss this week, now up to almost 7.5 pounds in only 2 weeks!

My biggest concern this week has been the looming 5K, and the fact that there was no way I could run Tuesday morning at 5:30 considering I was up singing "Can't Back Down" with RJ at 3. So this morning, even though we were up again last night and I literally have been up since about 3 am, I still forced on those running shoes and headed out at 5:25 to meet my running partner. And though we were only schedule for a 2 mile run today, we did 3 to get ready for Sunday, and we even ran the last 3:43 uphill, you know, for fun. It wasn't bad at all! I am feeling good about Sunday and can't wait to cross that finish line. Between now and then, there are lots of real-life non Joy-centric things to accomplish to keep my mind off of it. :) And thus a whole other blog post needs to be devoted to stage three of my transformation. Organized wife and mother. If you thought running a 5K and joining weight watchers was biting off a big piece of pie, think again. My journey to overhauling the way I manage my life, my children's lives, and my home, is a much much bigger challenge. One that must be tackled, one day at a time, mainly for my husband's sanity. But that's a whole other conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment