I finally made the decision to get serious about changing the things in my life that I'm not satisfied with. What better way to pressure yourself than to blog about it?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

So much to say...

It's been 2 weeks since I blogged, mainly due to sickness that overwhelmed us, then trying to get back into the swing of everyday life. But 2 awesome new milestones to share in the chaos. On Sunday, 9/26, I ran my first 5K!! WITH the flu.

Friday night Rich and I went to the Phillies game and had an amazing time. Club seats, lots of drinks, blew all my weekly weight watchers extra points on Chickie & Pete's cheese fries. Woke up Saturday morning not feeling great, thinking it was more hangover than anything. Unfortunately, it was the start of the flu. At 2 in the morning on Sunday I woke up freezing, shivering, feverish. Nice. All with my first 5K that I had been training for TWO months for in 6 hours. I popped some advil, went back to sleep, and woke up pretending I wasn't sick. I ran the race in 34:30, only stopping to walk for about 1 minute up the GINORMOUS hill near the end of the race. But I finished! And then wanted to die.

The next 5 days became a nightmare of sickness (Reilly, RJ, and I). Missing work, school, Gymnastics, dance class, you name it. We missed it. BUT a week later, we are all healthy again. AND I got my first 10 pound weight loss ribbon at my WW meeting yesterday! I must say I am shocked to have reached my first goal in only 4 weeks. I have been doing really well. But I could be doing better. I am still sneaking food from the kids plates here and there. I am not measuring EVERYTHING. I am still drinking lots of wine (although using my extra points to cover it).

This week I am going to focus on following the plan 100%. Writing down everything I eat and tracking it. Getting 4 days of workouts in (rather than the 2 I have been averaging). Signing up for another 5K. Cleaning out the closets in the kids rooms, flipping summer to fall/winter clothes. Let's see how we do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment